Forum Discussion

Terpo
User
9 months ago

Convert PDF bank statement to QIF

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to convert my bank statement from PDF to QIF? I have read the HELP info in MYOB for Importing bank statements but it doesnt give me info on how to convert them.

I can only download PDF from the bank.

What is the best way/app to do it, preferably free?

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Terpo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

From an AccountRight point of view, the system will require an OFX, QFX, QIF and OFC file if you wish to import a bank statement using the Import Statement feature. The AccountRight browser interface will only allow a QIF file format.

The majority of Banks will allow the download of such a file format. However, if you are only able to obtain a PDF then a file converter would be required. As these falls outside of the MYOB product suite, we would not be able to offer assistance or support with those. However, there are some available free through the Internet if required. We do recommend consulting with an IT person to ensure that the application or site that you use is secure before using that.

You may also have a look at this helpful article importing a bank statement that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Terpo

Apologized for the late response. 

We appreciate your patience with this and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We do recommend consulting with an IT person to ensure that the application or site that you use is secure before using that, as these fall outside of the MYOB product suite, we would not be able to offer assistance or support with those.  

Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We're always delighted to assist you.

Regards,
      Earl

• Thanks for the info but I have already read it in old posts. It still doesn't help regarding how to convert a pdf to a qif- I know you may not be able to advise on that. Myob support was no help-everything they told me I had already read in the help pages or community. Surely someone can give me an answer.