Forum Discussion

Dgood
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Credit Credit - Client getting Reference Number Invalid

Hi 

Two clients have called in the last week advising when they go to pay with credit card they are receiving a message saying - Reference number invalid?

Could you please advise why?

Thanks MB

• Hi

I recently had an external MYOB consultant here and she advised to  - go into Company Information and in the Payee section fill it in with all 000000000. This will then produce a Quote Ref No. on the invoice in the pay by credit card section.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi MB (Dgood

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. When your clients are receiving this error message, were they trying to pay through the online invoice system?

Are they able to try a different browser to troubleshoot if it is possibly a caching issue? If it still happens after changing browsers, could you provide a screenshot and the last 4 digits of your serial number so I can have a further look into this. 

Dgood
      Contributing User

Hi Samara

The client is using the invocie number as the reference number. Is this correct?

Thansk Madison

Dgood
      Contributing User

Hi samara

Last four digits of our serial number is 1810

Thanks Madison

Dgood
        Contributing User

Hi 

When my customer tries to pay an invocie by credit card on my invocie, they get the message - 

Reference number not valid.

How do we recetify this problem as we need to be able to accept our customers payments?