Forum Discussion

StuartHKC
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Issue with downloading ABA file

Hi all, 

I am having problim with downloading ABA file from MYOB to Commbiz  two weeks in a row. 

How can I tell the problem is from MYOB or Commbiz?

Can anyone shed somw light for me? 

Thanks in advance. 

Stuart

• Hi Sean, 

Thank you for your advice. 

Yes, it is dangerous to play with ABA file. 

Finally the problem was resolved by researching in the Forum.  The problem was cause by a "HARD ENTER".  Somehow and enter key was pressed and cannot be seen.  The recommendation is 1. Use Tab Key when entering data instead of Enter key. 2. When correcting filed, Right Click and mouse and select "Clear" insted of  using Delete or Backspace. 

Thank you all to the User and Advisor helping me to fix the problem.  It was a long and painful ride but ending is sweet. 

Let's keep up the good works. 

Stuart Chen

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi StuartHKC

Thanks for your post. To clarify are you able to create the bank file from AccountRight ? If you can, are you having troubles uploading it to your banking institution ?

Do let me know so I can assist further. 

Newbiz15
      User

Hi i have uploaded the aba file to myob and it won't process as usual through commbiz.     Can you please advise how to fix this.  i haven't done anything differently when saving file - worked fine last week.   can you please advise how to fix this issue

Ann01
        Partner

I am having the same problem.

As a bookkeeper, I have been uploading ABA files to Commbiz for over a year.  Since the last MYOB update (May 2023), you can import the file to Commbiz, but when you go to click on it to process it, there is nothing in the file.

Please help, as this is how all wages and suppliers are paid in this company.

Ann

Newbiz15 wrote:

Hi i have uploaded the aba file to myob and it won't process as usual through commbiz.     Can you please advise how to fix this.  i haven't done anything differently when saving file - worked fine last week.   can you please advise how to fix this issue

StuartHKC
      Contributing User

Hi Melisa

Thank you for the fas note. 

I can create ABA file but fail to import into Commbiz.  The last lines of files seems corrupted. 

I cannot tell this is MYOB issue or Commbiz issue.  Have you heard anyone reporting the same issue like mine.  

Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 

Stuart Chen

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi StuartHKC

I'd attempt to re-download a new ABA file, if it still appears corrupted and not uploading to commbiz I would recommend reaching out to commbiz. If your not opening the ABA file and just uploading it, there should be no corruptions. 

Do let me know how it goes. 

Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi StuartHKC 

As Melisa_D has mentioned, it would be best not to open the ABA file after downloading. I suggest reaching out to your Bank if it is still giving you errors after uploading. To give you other tips, check your Company Name, Bank Account name, and Employee's payment details if it has unnecessary spaces or characters. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

StuartHKC
      Contributing User

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for your advice. 

Yes, it is dangerous to play with ABA file. 

Finally the problem was resolved by researching in the Forum.  The problem was cause by a "HARD ENTER".  Somehow and enter key was pressed and cannot be seen.  The recommendation is 1. Use Tab Key when entering data instead of Enter key. 2. When correcting filed, Right Click and mouse and select "Clear" insted of  using Delete or Backspace. 

Thank you all to the User and Advisor helping me to fix the problem.  It was a long and painful ride but ending is sweet. 

Let's keep up the good works. 

Stuart Chen