Forum Discussion

BuidonCert
Contributing User
3 years ago

Reconciliation - Outstanding Cheques & Outstanding Deposits

Hi,

I have taken over the from another staff member who has left the company.

When conducting the reconciliation there are several issues:

1. Outstanding cheques and outstanding deposits from months ago

2. A tranasaction that is not on the bank statement hard copy.

3. We have received a payment from a company that is for several invoices to different owners, however I cannot match this on the bank feed due different amounts. How do I resolve without the them becaming outstanding on the reconciliation.

Thankyou in advance.

Chelsea

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Chelsea 

Lots of probs!

1 for the outstanding cheques and deposits

You will need to go to the bank statement and check - are these legitimate deposits and payments

It could just be that the entries are doubled up. 

I suggest you check the transaction and see if it is on the bank statements - look at source documents to determine legitimacy also. 

I like to use the find transaction in the bank window . Youu need the accounts tab and the advance filter

Select all accounts

change date range and then enter the amounty you are chasing.

See what comes up - has the transaction been entered as a receive money /spend money as well as a pay bill receive money.

2 Look at the transaction is it in the wrong bank account ? Again source documents can you assist , Is it just an incorrect date or just wrong , delete if it is and you can or reverse if that is the only option

3 You could receive the payments to the bank account undeposited funds and then prepare the deposit for the whole amount 

Hope that helps

Lisa