Forum Discussion

IsaLisa
Contributing Cover User
17 days ago

Westpac ABA files: How to record UPS

We have set up direct entry with Westpac Corporate, and they require us to specify a UPS (User Preferred Specification) in MYOB. However there's nowhere to enter this in MYOB. MYOB support were not able to help, neither was Westpac.  The first line on the ABA file specifies a business name, but I need this changed to our UPS given by Westpac. Does anyone know where MYOB draws this info from to populate the area shown below in x's?

0                 01WBC       xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxx 123456PAYMENT     100924

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi IsaLisa,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the UPS (User Preferred Specification) in the Westpac ABA files. It seems you are trying to add or modify the UPS field in the ABA file, but there's no direct option in MYOB to enter this information. The business name specified in the first line of the ABA file may not match the UPS required by Westpac.

Here are a few suggestions you could try:

Ensure that the business name in Setup > Company Information aligns with what is expected in the ABA file.

If the UPS needs to be customized, one approach could be to manually edit the ABA file in a text editor before uploading it to the bank. However, please be cautious and make a backup before making changes, as any incorrect modification could affect file integrity.

Regards,

Sai

IsaLisa
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Sai, thanks for your help. I followed your instructions to change the business name and that didn't work, so I tried changing the bank account name in the COA, under the banking tab for that account, and this worked.

Isaiah_C
      MYOB Moderator

Hi IsaLisa,

That's fantastic to hear! I'm glad that your workaround was successful, and it will definitely help other users who might be facing the same issue. Thank you for sharing!

Regards,

Sai