Forum Discussion

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
7 months ago

Where can I trace outstanding cheques and deposits?

I have just tried to reconcile last month's accounts but it doesn't balance.

I have gone back through previous months and discovered June no longer seems to balance.

the Account Right Balance shown here 30/6/23 of $9607 matches the Bank Statement

But the Outstanding Cheques and Deposits shouldn't be there. 

There is nothing showing under Reconcile Accounts for the month of June. Does anyone have any ideas on how to trace where these outstanding amounts have come from? 

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Verdant,

If you're using MYOB AccountRight, occasionally, this issue might arise due to a glitch in the reports. To confirm if that's the case, could you kindly follow these steps:

1. Verify the 'Last Reconciled Date' on the 'Reconcile Accounts' window.
    2. Navigate to 'Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report.'
    3. Choose 'Advanced Filters.'
    4. Select 'Individual bank account > OK.'
    5. Opt for 'Change Entered Statement Date' to 'List of Recorded Statement Dates' and Run Report.
    6. Click on 'Statement Date' to view all recorded statement dates.

If the most recent date on the report doesn’t match the last reconciled date in the reconcile accounts window, there might be an issue with the report. To rectify this, it’s advisable to first take a backup of your file, and then:

1. Go to 'Banking > Reconcile Accounts.'
    2. Input a fictitious date after the latest statement date (e.g., 01/08/2023). Disregard any message about future-dated transactions.
    3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field to ensure an Out of Balance of $0.00.
    4. Click the 'Reconcile' button. This action should allow you to undo the 'fake' reconciliation along with any other future-dated transactions, ensuring the report runs correctly afterward.

Please do let us know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl