Forum Discussion

_Conrad
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Bulk import of item codes

HI,

When i try to bulk import description changes to the item codes I get the below message. Can you please advise workaround? 

Error -4077: You have sales for this item.

It will not let me update the description (I am not making any other changes to the item code eg prices etc)

Thanks

• Hi _Conrad 

Just testing the export and import of items having the Item Description being updated as part of that import. With my AccountRight 2019.4 company file it did work as expected and updated those records.

The only thing that I know that would make the item description not import would be if the field contained non-alpha-numeric characters. 

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi _Conrad 

We do have a script that we can run over the company file that has been known to aid with that import error. If you would like to confirm the following information we can look into arranging for the necessary script to be run:

Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

_Conrad
      Contributing User

Account Right Plus AU 2019.4.0

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi _Conrad 

Thank you for confirming that information

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file. I do recommend closing down and reopening the company file before attempting that import again.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.