Forum Discussion

IanP
Experienced Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Import Items Error Codes

I update Item prices by exporting a file of items, altering the prices in that file and then importing it again.

This work a treat for many years in Premier and its predecessors.

In AR2020.2 (and 219. et al) the log contains a pile of error messages.  They provide no help in resolving the problem.

Error -4077: You have sales for this item.
Error 0: Unexpected import error - Database already opened by a different user. [ Db name = C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\bcp195-2020-2.myox ]
Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\bcp195-2020-2.myox ]

These were generated when there was only 1 user using the system.  None of the records looks to be irregular.

• Hi IanP 

If your file is online, we can run an online script in order to fix Error -4077 which would resolve the other error messages as well. In order to organise that, please send me your serial number by a Private Message.

Update: File fixed and returned by data file repair team.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi IanP 

If your file is online, we can run an online script in order to fix Error -4077 which would resolve the other error messages as well. In order to organise that, please send me your serial number by a Private Message.

Update: File fixed and returned by data file repair team.

IanP
      Experienced Partner

Still unable to import items.  I export the items file, then without touching it, attempt to import it again.

It rarely manages to go through the whole file,. It normally stops at some random record and presents the usual finished screen, for example, 29 records imported with out error, 2 warning messages and 3 records skipped (out of 3000 !!!! ).  It invites me to click on a link for a log file, but none is present.  I try to navigate to the log file link which is displayed, but it is empty.

The number of records until it stops is completely variable.  It might be 26 or 29 or 257 or 1500.  I have truncated the file length from 3000 records to 1000 records and to 300 records.  This makes no difference ot the behaviour.  The randomness of the stops and the insensitivity to file length or content strongly suggest it is not related to the data but is a program fault.  The only data in the items file is that which has been entered into the MYOB Items cards, so surely the program can cope with data which it has itself sent out (Maybe not, see the note about CRLF below). The failure to produce a log file is clearly a program fault.

The file has been sent in to you several times for various reasons and each time it is returned with the statement "its fixed" but it never is.

On the odd occasion it finishes, it displays a number of error and warning messages.

They include the 0: File sharing violation which is odd because I am running on its own on a W10 machine with no one else accessing it.

There are always a pile of warnings such as "name is too long truncated" which is weird since it is importing the file that it has exported from the same MYOB program just minutes before.  Surely this is the simple most basic test of any export import system, can it reimport its own exported file.  It also has item has purchases warning messages, which make no sense at all.

If the item [Description] field includes a CRLF that causes the import to break the line at that point and attempt to start the content after the CRLF as a new line.  This is clearly faulty software.  I have tried a number of ways to escape the CRLF but nothing stops this anomalous behaviour by the program.

I have been trying to get assistance with this from MYOB now for many months and it is consuming an enormous amount of my time.  The phone contact today is at 2 hours and 34 minutes.  As usual the phone response is to do over and over again the things which nhave lready been done which do not advance matters at all, but which do burn up an enormous amount of my time.

I am VERY VERY VERY dissatisfied with the support.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi IanP , what program name and version number are you using?

When I export items from Clearwater that have a multi-line description, from AccountRight 2020.3, I get this:

This is a very long description\r\nWith multiple lines\r\nThis is line 3

This text appears in the one (Description) field. I also see this text on our API extracts. I think version 19 included CRLFs which caused a new line in the file and therefore made it impossible to import the file back. 

Re file sharing errors - do you have continuous backup programs running, or is the file stored in Dropbox?

I recently completed a very large import project, and once I had amended the data as required, the import routines were very stable.