Forum Discussion

nicole1213
Contributing User
31 days ago

Import error -28 item is not sold

Hi,

I have tried to import sale reports. some of them were imported successfully. But some shown the error of item is not sold. I realized the failed importing was missing item numbers. It shifted to numbers instead. 

Please help!!!!

Mike_James
    25 days ago

Hi Nicole, I found a comment elsewhere about item numbers (codes) being case sensitive. In your original log, the following item numbers failed:

Boiler Organic

Cockerel_Spare Rib
    SYD_Hot Pot_HDL_Mushroom
    SYD_Chicken herb_soup
    SYD_Herb_Soup
    Cockerel - Fresh
    Cockerel_Giblet_BAG
    Cockerel_Hearts_BAG
    Cockerel_Liver BAG

Can you check each one in turn with the code in MYOB and make sure that the case of each word (ie the use of upper and lower case) matches exactly? And that there is no space character at either end of the MYOB code?

13 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi nicole1213,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue. I've sent you a private message to further assist you with your concern.

Regards,

Sai

nicole1213
      Contributing User

Hi Sai, 

thanks for your message. but i dont see any button to reply in private. 

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi nicole1213,

Thank you for your patience. It seems that there might be an issue with your file that needs to be corrected. To help you resolve this, please refer to this detailed article which provides step by step instructions on how to fix the issue: MYOB Business - Importing and exporting data - Import error log.

If you still need assistance, you can reach out to our live chat agent through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi nicole1213 , you mentioned that you are seeing numbers in place of item numbers. The import log output was changed a year or two back to show the internal ID number instead of the item number, and the same for other records like account numbers. The advantage of this is that a missing or invalid item number will show a blank space, which makes it easy to find the problem item. 

nicole1213
      Contributing User

Hi Mike,

thanks for you reply. The problem was I have successfully imported some reports which contains exact items. But some of those reports didn't go through. 

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi nicole1213 , are you able to post an example of the text file you are importing? (This is a public forum). If so, also tell me which lines had this error.