Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Urgent: Import errors with Items

I'm getting the attached errors when importing Items into our Premier file.  They don't all appear to make sense when determining the problem.  The major problem is the Error 45 which refers to the 'Primary Supplier' field - it is exactly as the card file supplier name so shouldn't be causing a problem.  Please help as we can't do our re-ordering without this.

WMack
    3 years ago

Thanks Gavin, appreciate your response.  I'm going to have to 'fudge' the relevant supplier names to get them in, then change when they're imported because I'm talking thousands of items!  I'll do a test run first but what a pain!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WMack
    Experienced User

I'm getting the attached errors when importing Items into our Premier file.  They don't all appear to make sense when determining the problem.  The major problem is the Error 45 which refers to the 'Primary Supplier' field - it is exactly as the card file supplier name so shouldn't be causing a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as we can't do our re-ordering without this.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi WMack 

Long standing bug in MYOB, while it allows a Supplier name of over 30 characters, when you try to import an Item if the Supplier name is over 30 chars it fails to match and therefore ignores the Supplier.

The item should still import as this is a Warning only. You will need to manually update the Supplier field.

Regards

Gavin

WMack
        Experienced User

Thanks Gavin, appreciate your response.  I'm going to have to 'fudge' the relevant supplier names to get them in, then change when they're imported because I'm talking thousands of items!  I'll do a test run first but what a pain!