Forum Discussion

Betabiz
Experienced Cover User
21 days ago

Importing inventory items bulk update for inactive items

Hi

I have a client who wants to make a large number of inventory items inactive.  We have exported the items from AccountRight.  We have opened the TXT file in Excel and the client has put a Y next to those he wants to make inactive.  When I import these items and select the option to update existing data, about 2000 of these items wont update as there are sales on file for these items.  

We can mark them inactive individually through MYOB by selecting that "yes we know there are sales on file, and we're ok with that" but the import file just bounces the items.  Is there any way around this?  I know the client is not going to be happy that he has spent a significant amount of time doing a tidy up in excel, only for about 1/4 of the items he has marked, to not update.

help!

Thanks

2 Replies

Betabiz
    Experienced Cover User

Oh  I now see a bunch of threads for error -4077 - which is also my problem.

Can you run a script on my file also please?

s/n  2800

file ID #1

file is online

thanks

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Betabiz,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've successfully applied the fix to your file. Before attempting to import items again, please log out and then log back in.

Feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess