Forum Discussion

ianlennie
Contributing User
6 days ago

account categories set up

I set up a new account within equity but a general journal entry to that new account does not happen as it is not recognised. Please advise what needs to be done for the account to accept the journal entry.

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ianlennie,

Seems like you're having a bit of a hiccup with a new account you've set up within equity. If the account doesn’t recognize your general journal entry, it might be due to the account setup. Ensure that the account is active and that you've chosen the account before saving. For more information, please check out this Help article: Adding and finding journal entries.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

ianlennie
      Contributing User

No joy!! Keeps telling me I can't set up account as cannot change category code. Have tried using multi account numbers but can't save any of them.

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ianlennie,

Thank you for your post and I understand that you are unable to set up accounts. This might something to do with your user access as you have to an Administrator or an owner in the account. 

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

ianlennie
      Contributing User

Not correct- I do have access as an owner. Keeps coming up with " unable to change account category" Looking for an answer here please

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ianlennie

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty with the equity account. I believe reading through this forum thread can give insights into what can hinder editing your accounts. 

If you still continue to have issue after reading through this, feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Thanks,
        Genreve