Forum Discussion

Billingsley15
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Allocating Error

Hi All,
Another very strange error in allocating an expenditure from a bank feed item.

I have allocated the total amount to 2 accounts, the total amount balances but although MYOB shows that the allocated amounts do in fact total the correct amount    (see screenshot)   UNALLOCATED  -$0.00 (-0.00%)I cannot save as I get an error message " An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded."

So MYOB believes -0.00 is not the same as +0.00 ??
Thanks in advance for any potential work around

Bill

• Hi Billingsley15 

Thanks for your post. This is something that has been raised with our product teams and they are currently investigating, in the meantime, they have advised of one of the two workarounds below:

1. Delete the values from the dollar side and re-enter via the percentage field in the allocate window instead OR
    2. Enter a spend money or receive money transaction instead and match it to the bank feed transaction

Additionally, I have indicated to our team that you've been impacted by this situation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Billingsley15 

Thanks for your post. This is something that has been raised with our product teams and they are currently investigating, in the meantime, they have advised of one of the two workarounds below:

1. Delete the values from the dollar side and re-enter via the percentage field in the allocate window instead OR
    2. Enter a spend money or receive money transaction instead and match it to the bank feed transaction

Additionally, I have indicated to our team that you've been impacted by this situation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Billingsley15
      Experienced User

Thanks for your prompt reply. Your option (1) did the trick.

Regards, Bill