Forum Discussion

Cruisergirl
Contributing Cover User
15 days ago

Automatic matching of bank transactions not working properly

How do I fix the fact that my bank account rules to automatically match bank transactions are not working unless I go into each rule, make no changes, & save it. Only then do the transactions match up, this defeats the purpose of having automatic rules!

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Cruisergirl,

We are currently aware of the issue where bank account rules are not automatically matching bank transactions unless you manually go into each rule and save it. The workaround you mentioned is indeed one of the temporary solutions. Additionally, you can try refreshing the system by toggling the relevant function off and on again.

Please ensure that the necessary bank transactions are available for matching in the bank feeds. Verify that the recorded transaction matches the date and amount of the bank transaction. Also, check whether transactions are not marked as reconciled in the reconciliation window.

For more detailed information, you can visit this help article: Matching bank transactions

Regards,
    Earl

Cruisergirl
      Contributing Cover User

toggling bank rules off and on does not make a difference, the only work around i have found is to go into each individual rule & save it & if I have to do that every time I may as well just manually code everything, Xero is looking really good right now!

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Cruisergirl,

We understand it can be quite a hassle to manually save each individual rule for bank transactions to match, and we're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Hopefully, our team can come up with a more efficient solution to improve this process. In the meantime, feel free to start a new post if you need help with anything else.

Cheers,

Princess