Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Matching Transactions and Invoices

I'm having trouble allocating bank transactions to invoices and it's driving me crazy!

The invoice is marked as Closed - Paid, however is still showing in my unallocated transactions. When I try to match this to an invoice, it doesn't show up as it's already been paid.

I have to turn off automatic matching as I have many payments of the same amount and MYOB always matched them wrong.

Any suggestions how I allocate these when the invoice isn't available?

• Hi jost 

Thanks for your post. The transactions in the Bank transactions window are bank feeds brought into your file from your bank. They are matched with MYOB Business transactions. When an MYOB Business transaction is matched it is automatically ticked in the Reconcile accounts window.

If an invoice is closed and paid, it means that a Create invoice payment transaction has been recorded. When the payment has been manually applied to the invoice by recording a Create invoice payment transaction you need to match that payment transaction to the bank feed transaction.

If you don't manually record the Create invoice payment transaction you can match the bank feed transaction to the open sale invoice. This will automatically record the Create invoice payment transaction.

So the first thing to check is if the payment transaction is appearing as a match in the Bank transactions window. If it isn't, go to Reconcile accounts and check if that payment transaction is ticked. If it is, untick it then it should appear for matching in Bank transactions.

Let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.