Forum Discussion

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Matching transactions

in the OLD SYSTEM i would create a invoice then select save...I would then go to banking.bank transactions then i would find the transaction in the list...next to the transaciton it would show match found and I would match it to the purchase I made...but now its not doing this in the NEW SYSTEM:manfrustrated: I have to now go back into the purchase and enter the payment date and how it was paid then go back to banking>bank transactions then it will say match found and I match the transaction HOWEVER this is taking more of my time amd seems backards to remove this feature:manfrustrated: 

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi LCrowhurst 

You don't need to enter an amount in the Match amount field. When you select a transaction the Match amount field is prefilled with the payment amount and the out of balance will be zero:

You can choose to manually enter the amount in the Match amount field if the payment is being split across multiple transactions.

Allocating and matching works the same in the newer platform as it did in the original platform:

• if there is an existing transaction recorded in MYOB Essentials you need to match the bank feed to the MYOB Essentials transaction
    • if the MYOB Essentials transaction has not been recorded select allocate, this will automatically record the applicable MYOB Essentials transaction. For example, you have a bank transaction for the electricity bill, allocate the bank transaction to the electricity expense account and the Spend money transaction will be automatically recorded

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

25 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Experienced User

I accidentally made a post about the same issue just now. The new system is supposed to be more efficient, but I have found the exact oppposite in many areas; things that took a couple of seconds now take more than a minute. It is very frustrating.

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

37093709 wrote:

I accidentally made a post about the same issue just now. The new system is supposed to be more efficient, but I have found the exact oppposite in many areas; things that took a couple of seconds now take more than a minute. It is very frustrating.

i agree i find it annoying...its taking me longer now not quicker...

Experienced User

This is the third day I have used the new MYOB Essentials, and I am still finding things that do not make sense. Every day since the update, I have gone home from work mentally spent with a headache, just trying to get things done in the new system.

• Hi LCrowhurst and 37093709 

Matching payments in the newer MYOB Business/Essentials platform works the same as it did in the original platform. This means that you don't need to manually record the payment transaction, you can match the bank feed to the bill transaction.

In Bank transactions click on the expand arrow and Match transaction. If the Bill transaction doesn't appear change the Search field to All transactions.

If you still have problems matching bank transactions to bill transactions please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Experienced User

In the old MYOB Essentials, there would be suggested matches next to the transactions that you could match up, our new system doesn't seem to do this.

LCrowhurst
        Trusted Cover User

37093709 wrote:

In the old MYOB Essentials, there would be suggested matches next to the transactions that you could match up, our new system doesn't seem to do this.

Yep this is what we have found too....glad its not just me

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

Tracey_H wrote:

Hi LCrowhurst and 37093709 

Matching payments in the newer MYOB Business/Essentials platform works the same as it did in the original platform. This means that you don't need to manually record the payment transaction, you can match the bank feed to the bill transaction.um no it doesn't...have done several and it no longer does...

In Bank transactions click on the expand arrow and Match transaction. If the Bill transaction doesn't appear change the Search field to All transactions.

If you still have problems matching bank transactions to bill transactions please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum. ill be doing more today so will be sure to send a screenshot...but again this is very time consuming....:manfrustrated:

Experienced User

I turned off automatic matching, because it is easy for the system to match to the wrong transaction, but now it doesn't suggest a match unless you have entered a supplier or customer payment in the actual invoice or bill, which again is extra work. It just takes so much longer to do a simple task, it seems to be this way with a lot of things. I will say that so far I like how they have made it easier to make a manual transfer from unallocated transactions, that and the report formats in excel are the only new additions I like so far. There are a lot more things that disappoint than help.

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

this is a bill I entered today as you can see its not matching...

but as soon as I mark it as paid in the bill look magically it then matches the transaciton (in the old sysytem it would do this without having to enter the payment in bills. 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LCrowhurst and 37093709 

As advised you can match open bills to bank transactions, if an automatic match doesn't occur you need to click on the expand arrow and Match transaction. In my screenshot there are two transactions appearing when I click on Match transaction.

One description is Payment: supplier name, this is a manually recorded Create supplier payment transaction:

The other description is Purchase: supplier name, this is the open bill, no payment transaction has been recorded:

If the Match or allocate column says Allocate me, click on the expand arrow and Match transaction, a list of transactions will appear. If the transaction you need doesn't appear in the list change the Show filter to All transactions:

Please let me know if you need further help.