Forum Discussion

CDBC-Kevin
Contributing Cover User
26 days ago

MYOB Business- Reconciliation-Incorrect calculated closing balance

I have had an issue during the reconciliation process.  I have reconciled the month of March to the closing balance of the bank account.  It has all balanced and the closing balance equals the bank account, no 'out of balance' amount, I select Reconcile.  I then attempt to reconcile the month of April.  I firstly deselected all of the amounts on this page.  This then shows my a calculated closing balance different from the calculated closing balance of the 'date last reconciled' month of March by $80.   I have made no transactions or touched anything else on MYOB between times.  It is like there is a 'hidden amount' of $80 that exists.

I spent a long time checking and cross checking manually the amounts listed on MYOB reconciliation page and printed bank statement before I realised it wasnt my cross checking IT WAS MYOB that had somehow deducted $80 from 1 step to the next, and by unchecking all of the amounts on the reconciliation page I should have reverted to the closing balance of the previous reconciliation date.  

The weird thing is I had an issue similar to this before and same thing spent hours trying to work out where the 'error' was.  In the end I just decided to 'accept' I was $80 in debit and went on reconciling for several months (I tend to do my reconciliations 2-3 months at a time) and then MAGICALLY it balanced..........  I didnt take it any further assumed I must have somehow misconstrued something.  But here I am with same problem, tried to also 'accept' the error and progress to next months... Unfortunately now it is getting worse.  Anyone seen this before, I noted several posts mostly from people just starting MYOB and it somehow gave them odd numbers when doing first reconciliation, nothing seemed to point to a fundamental fault.

I have attached a screenshot of the different amounts.

2 Replies

• Try putting the date back to the last reconciled date and see if the calculated statement balance reverts?  It may show up with an $80 transaction which you have inadvertently put into the prior period?  This would of course not have been reconciled so will display and you can either correct the date or delete the transaction.

Good luck!

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CDBC-Kevin,

Thanks for your post.

If you're still having issues with the incorrect Calculated Closing Balance figure, please send me a private message with the following details so I can check it on my end:

• Serial number
    • Name of the primary contact and email address
    • Business name

I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen