Forum Discussion

24 days ago

MYOB PAYBY Amount doesn't match invoice

I have recently enabled MYOB PAYBY (Online Payments) now that we've been able to opt out of the BPAY option, and we have customer pays the surcharge option enabled. 

The problem is when I got the first payment come through, the amount we received in our bank account doesn't match the invoice amount and also it didn't automatically match to the invoice that was paid.  I have finally tracked down the Online Payment transaction list where I can see the details of the payment (which by the way is very convoluted considering everything else we do is inside the AccountRight application).

So the real problem is, the MYOB Transaction into our bank was $24.56, but the invoice amount was $24.50, so it's understandable that the auto matching didn't work because they paid us 6 cents more than expected.  But the question, is how the heck do we account for this mismatch and how do we write off the 6 cents, but more to the point how does this happen?  I can see that there was a surcharge of $0.69 and a surcharge GST of 6cents, so how is that related?

All of this time spent trying to sort that is clearly not worth the effort for an invoice of $24.50!

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hey IDSDI,

To account for the mismatch and write off the $0.06, you can manually adjust the transaction in MYOB. Here’s how you can do it: 

1. Record the Payment:

• Go to the "Sales" module and find the invoice in question.
      • Record the payment of $24.50 against the invoice to mark it as paid.

2. Record the Surcharge:

• Create a "Receive Money" transaction for the surcharge amount ($0.69) and the surcharge GST ($0.06). Allocate this to the appropriate surcharge and GST accounts.

3. Adjust the Bank Deposit:

• Ensure that the total amount ($24.56) is correctly reflected in your bank deposit. This might involve combining the payment and surcharge transactions.

You can also check this link for more information when matching online payments.

Best regards,

Doreen