Forum Discussion

JE28
User
6 days ago

MYOB PAYBY dates don't align

We have been using the online payments option for quiet some time now. 

However, since the new system has been implemented I am unable to edit payments so the settled date matches the date the funds are received into our bank account. In the example below funds were received into our account on 19/07/2024, yet the now un-editable date of the settlement is 22/07/2024. This is an issue as it means we can't correctly reconcile our bank account. 

When I have tried to go to the payment to edit it I can't select the payment and hovering over it provides  the message above that it can only be done via desktop AccountRight software - we use MYOB Business not AccountRight so is this even available to us? 

Hopefully there is a simple fix to this, thank you in advance

7 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JE28

If you're having issues with reconciling your bank account due to incorrect dates when the funds were received, you can do manual matching instead. You can check this link here for more information. Feel free to post again if you have further question.

Best regards,

Doreen

JE28
      User

Hi Doreen, 

Thank you for your speedy response. Unfortunately, it does not address the issue I'm having.

I am manually matching the transaction. This is something I need to do often as payments made by our customers may not clear into our account for a few days so I will need to edit the date of the payment in MYOB. 

The issue I am currently having is I can't edit the settlement date as recorded by MYOB (22/07/2024 in my example above) so that it matches the date the money was received into my account (19/07/2024). As per the information in the box that appears when I hover over the CRnumber for this payment editing the date a payment is recorded as received, can only be done on desktop using AccountRight. 

Prior to the recent change to how online payments were processed, I was able to edit the settlement date so it aligned with my bank statement online using our MYOB Business account.  

Can you please advise how users who have MYOB Business can edit the payment dates recorded by MYOB for payments made through MYOB PAYBY?

Thank you

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JE28

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Bank feeds can be matched to ledger transactions regardless of date as long they have the right amounts. I recommend filtering the match transaction window to all transactions instead of close matches to find the transactions you need to match the feed with. Additionally, online invoice payment should automatically close and match transactions without manual input. I recommend going through the article 'Automatically Matching Online Invoice Payments' to troubleshoot the automatic matching. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
        Genreve

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JE28,

Thank you for your post and I understand that you were able to follow the steps above but still not working. Alternatively, you may check this thread for the other workaround.

Cheers,

Jem

JE28
      User

Hi Jem, 

This still doesn't address my question. How to I edit the date of the settlement/payment made, recorded by MYOB PAYBY? 

The thread you have linked is from 2 years ago so doesn't address the problem that has occurred because of changes made in the last three months. Not only that, but the links in that thread to the MYOB support pages don't match the current MYOB system set-up the report it refers to is no longer located where the directions lead you. 

I know how to run the online report and use it regularly. But that report still doesn't allow me to change the settlement/date of payment. 

If it is currently not possible to be able to edit the payment date without upgrading my product can someone please just say that, rather than just linking to support pages and threads that don't address the issue I'm having. 

Thank you

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JE28,

I get that you're having a bit of a hiccup with the settlement date issue. However, there's no way to tweak the payment transaction settlement date directly in MYOB Business. But don't worry, since this involves online payments (Payby), our financial services team might be able to help. Please reach out to our team directly so they could check if there are any settings that can be adjusted within the Payby method. 

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess