Forum Discussion

Jillymot
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to allocate pay transactions on bank feed

Last December as we were being upgraded to the new platform, MYOB Teams, etc. We made a payment to an employee which included only one week of hours rather than the whole fortnight (as the hours had not come through correctly after the upgrade).

We made a payment from our bank account the following day to correct and then deleted the pay run and resubmitted, with the payslip for the whole amount.

I can now not reconcile from the bank account.  I also cannot delete the payrun now as we have since made a superannuation payment so I do not get the option to delete.

How can I allocate these two transactions on the bank feed to the pay items?  Noting there was also another employee on the payrun, but that one I was able to allocate.

Would really appreciate assistance with this and is quite urgent as we need to finalise our end of year accounts for audit for the upcoming AGM for our school P & C.

• Hi Jillymot 

Thanks for your post. If an employee has been underpaid and you pay the difference straight away you would record an adjustment pay for the difference. That way you will have two payroll transactions to match the two bank feed transactions and the software matches what has happened in real life. We only recommend deleting a pay if the payment hasn't been made.

Once a pay has been sent to the ATO through STP it can't be deleted, only reversed. Pay transactions that are included in Pay super payments and electronic payments can't be reversed. To fix your issue you need to split the amount posted to the bank account into two transactions. You can do this by recording the following transactions:

1. go to Banking>>Transfer money
      • enter the full net amount of the pay
      • enter the payment date of the pay
      • the From account is the payroll clearing account
      • the To account is the bank account
      • Save
      • in Banking>>Reconcile accounts you'll have the pay transaction as a withdrawal and the Transfer money transaction as a deposit, tick both transactions to manually reconcile
    2. go to Banking>>Bank transactions
      • click on the expand arrow for the first bank feed transaction
      • click on Transfer money
      • click on Create a Transfer money
      • select the payroll clearing account in the Bank account to field
      • Create
      • repeat for the second bank feed transaction

The payroll clearing account should be cleared back to zero.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jillymot 

Thanks for your post. If an employee has been underpaid and you pay the difference straight away you would record an adjustment pay for the difference. That way you will have two payroll transactions to match the two bank feed transactions and the software matches what has happened in real life. We only recommend deleting a pay if the payment hasn't been made.

Once a pay has been sent to the ATO through STP it can't be deleted, only reversed. Pay transactions that are included in Pay super payments and electronic payments can't be reversed. To fix your issue you need to split the amount posted to the bank account into two transactions. You can do this by recording the following transactions:

1. go to Banking>>Transfer money
      • enter the full net amount of the pay
      • enter the payment date of the pay
      • the From account is the payroll clearing account
      • the To account is the bank account
      • Save
      • in Banking>>Reconcile accounts you'll have the pay transaction as a withdrawal and the Transfer money transaction as a deposit, tick both transactions to manually reconcile
    2. go to Banking>>Bank transactions
      • click on the expand arrow for the first bank feed transaction
      • click on Transfer money
      • click on Create a Transfer money
      • select the payroll clearing account in the Bank account to field
      • Create
      • repeat for the second bank feed transaction

The payroll clearing account should be cleared back to zero.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Jillymot
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey

Thank you so much for these details - I was able to fix this issue and complete our reconciliation.

Kind regards

Jill