Forum Discussion

KH56
User
6 months ago
Solved

Unable to match a Bank Feed transaction to the appropriate Pay Run

Hello,

I'm having issues with matching a bank feed transaction to the appropriate pay run in MYOB Business. I have recorded the wages using the 'Pay Runs' function and had no issue there. When I go to the 'Bank Transactions' section to 'match or allocate' the payment of the wage it doesn't show the 'pay run reference no' for me to match the transaction to.

All pay runs prior to and after this one pay run have matched correctley. I haven't made any changes in MYOB or to the bank account and the other MYOB functionalities (Payroll & Live Bank Feeds) appear to be working correctly. It just doesn't show the appropriate 'pay run' in the matching section so I can reconcile the transaction in the bank account. The pay run in question was processed on the 29th December 2023 and the bank feed transaction is dated 2nd January 2024. Not sure if the crossover of the new year has had anything to do with the issue but seems strange that all pay runs before and after this one have been fine.

I have checked the particular Pay Run to make sure it is not incorrectly processed as an Electronic Payment Method as I do not use that function. I pay the employees from the bank account seperately to MYOB so they are all set as 'cash' payment methods. I also checked the account on the pay run that the money comes out of and it is correct also.

Has anyone else had this trouble and know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter!

Kind Regards,

• Hi, KH56

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Generally, a payroll transaction is not showing up to match a bank feed transaction, maybe because the payroll is still sitting under the prepare electronic payments window. This needs to be checked so that the payroll transaction will show up. To do this, go to Banking > Prepare Electronic Payment, and then fill out all the necessary fields. Once the payroll transaction is showing up, please tick the box against the transaction and then select download bank file. If the payroll has been paid already, you no longer need to upload the bank file to your bank portal.

For more information about this, kindly check out the Help Article: Making electronic payments.

Please let us know if you require further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please don't forget to click "Accept Solution" to help other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, KH56

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Generally, a payroll transaction is not showing up to match a bank feed transaction, maybe because the payroll is still sitting under the prepare electronic payments window. This needs to be checked so that the payroll transaction will show up. To do this, go to Banking > Prepare Electronic Payment, and then fill out all the necessary fields. Once the payroll transaction is showing up, please tick the box against the transaction and then select download bank file. If the payroll has been paid already, you no longer need to upload the bank file to your bank portal.

For more information about this, kindly check out the Help Article: Making electronic payments.

Please let us know if you require further assistance with this.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please don't forget to click "Accept Solution" to help other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, KH56

We hope you are doing well. We will now be closing this case as we were not able to receive any updates. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to post again. We are here to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen