Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Backup not available on MYOB Business Pro

Afternoon,

I've just learnt that you are unable to backup a company file whilst using MYOB Business Pro.

My first question is what is recommended to do instead? - What reports can be downloaded instead? and finally does AccountRight Plus have the ability to backup the company file?

• Hi 504Lyndall 

This is typical with 'online only' files such as MYOB Business Pro and Essentials etc. Yes AccountRight allows you to backup and keep a permanent record.

With online only, look at the report options as well as any export options - these can be useful for something you can hang on to. There is a Support centre here where you can do more research about how to do things specific to your product.

Regards

Gavin

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 504Lyndall 

This is typical with 'online only' files such as MYOB Business Pro and Essentials etc. Yes AccountRight allows you to backup and keep a permanent record.

With online only, look at the report options as well as any export options - these can be useful for something you can hang on to. There is a Support centre here where you can do more research about how to do things specific to your product.

Regards

Gavin

PeleRankin
      Experienced Cover User

As it looks like we are unable to perform Back Ups on MYOB Business Pro, does that mean that MYOB has back up files for all online users of this product? I'd like assurance that we won't lose all our information.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PeleRankin

Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand how important it is that we have backups of our data as a contingency. 

Currently, there is no way to create any offline backup for MYOB Business. There are cloud backups of the file. The system is set up this way because the data is being saved in MYOB servers so there is no need for offline backups. Although it's still ideal that we have backups of the file locally, we currently don't have this yet. We will raise this as a suggestion with the development team. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve