Forum Discussion

3 months ago

MYOB for Excel

Thanks for your rapid and thoughtful response, Earl.

Hi Earl.

The MYOB website page from the link you provided does suggest access to MYOB data files, but I was wondering if MYOB for Excel provides access to all of my MYOB databases, including ALL fields for transactions (general ledger), such as account number,  job number, notes, memos, details, etc.  I was hoping to use the complete data bases in Power BI and Excel applications.

Also, are the files only accessable for on-line AccountRight versions of MYOB or are files from other MYOB products accessable?

Is MYOB Business and MYOB AccountRight the same product?

In anticipation of another considered response, thanks.

TonyExcel

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TonyExcel,

My apologies for the late response. Yes, MYOB for Excel enables access to all your MYOB databases, and it is specifically configured to function seamlessly with online AccountRight files. However, it's important to note that due to the method by which the tool retrieves information, it is not suitable for offline/local AccountRight files.

Furthermore, it's important to highlight the distinction between the two platforms: MYOB Business operates on a browser-based system, whereas MYOB AccountRight is desktop-based.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl