Forum Discussion

Greta
Partner
2 years ago

"Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions (System-wide)"

Hello, I have a client that as recently migrated from AccoutRight Plus to MYOB Business.

Yesterday I was processing their October transactions and when I went to print out the reports, I discovered that not every transaction had a job number.

I would like to set up:

"Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions (System-wide)"

The only problem is - I cannot find this option anywhere !!!!!

Big problems for me ------

• Hi Greta 

Currently, while you can assign a job to a transaction with MYOB Business there is no check or preference that can be enabled to warn if a job is not assigned to a transaction.

In saying that, reports like the job exceptions (cash transactions) and Job exceptions (invoice transactions) would be the reports you would be looking at to determine if a job has been added to a transaction or not. Please note that these reports are only available in MYOB Business Pro.

Greta
      Partner

Hi Steven,

I tried that report but it gave me no transactions at all.

Not sure why????

Regards

Greta

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Greta 

Firstly the job exception reports are two reports. There is one for invoice transactions i.e. the sales and purchases not showing a job and the cash transactions i.e. other transaction types (minus payroll) without a job transaction. So I would make sure that you are running both reports to ensure that all transactions have jobs on them.

If you are encountering no transactions in that report I would make sure that you have the appropriate filters set for that report for the transactions you are looking at. If those filters are set correctly and no transactions are appearing we would need to screenshot of a transaction you think should be appearing along with a copy of that report window to investigate further.