Forum Discussion

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Change Payrun Dates

Hi!

My client's pay run dates in Essentials always default to Sat to Friday but he wants to change to Sunday to Monday.

I know we can manually override the dates each week but is there a way for the dates to default to the new days each week so he doesn't have to remember to override it each week?

Regards

Caroline

• Hi CarolineH 

In addition to the information that Leneth provided, when you override the date from the pay run that you will process, the next pay run to be processed will only follow the previous pay run's date. For example, you processed pay run on the 04/06/2023 - 10/06/2023. After that pay run has been processed and recorded, you will notice that the next pay run will have a Pay period start date of 11/06/2023 and Pay period end of 17/06/2023. It always follows the next day after the last day of the previous pay run. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CarolineH

Thanks for your post. In this matter, the dates are automatic as long as you are selecting the correct pay cycle. Could you attached a screenshot so I can check further for you.

Cheers,
    Leneth

carolineh
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Leneth

Thank you for the reply.

I think it's the automatic dates I want to change! Can that be done?

I've attached the screen shot at the moment.  

Currently he needs to manually override this each week - is that the only way to do it?

Regards

Caroline

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CarolineH 

In addition to the information that Leneth provided, when you override the date from the pay run that you will process, the next pay run to be processed will only follow the previous pay run's date. For example, you processed pay run on the 04/06/2023 - 10/06/2023. After that pay run has been processed and recorded, you will notice that the next pay run will have a Pay period start date of 11/06/2023 and Pay period end of 17/06/2023. It always follows the next day after the last day of the previous pay run. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
        Doreen