Forum Discussion

jowade
User
2 years ago

Correcting an error in submitted single touch payroll

Need help urgently,

It has been brought to my attention that our employees payment summary through My Gov ATO is showing there allowance. I have looked into it an noticed in the Pay items section it was coded as Meal Allowance under ATO reporting category. This allowance is for Living Away from Home but it was listed correctly as exempt from PAYG. My questions are

1. Do I make the ATO category - Not Reportable for LAFHA

2. Is this type of allowance definately exempt from PAYG

3. How can I correct the error when all the pays for the financial year to date have been submitted to the ATO with the incorrect reporting category because otherwise our employees are going to be made to pay tax on that allowance

Regards Jo

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jowade 

Thank you for posting.

For allowances that don’t sit into any of the main categories, assign them to Allowance – Other (but check this with the ATO). The best way to update this is to change the ATO category first in your Pay Items and then make a void pay for the employees affected. Once this is submitted, it will be updated on the ATO's side as well. If you have concerns about the category to assign, I would suggest reaching out to your advisor or contacting the ATO. 

This Help Article, Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll, has more information on ATO categories that you can use as a guide.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.