Forum Discussion

SBBunya
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Employees not appearing in payroll

Hi

We've just transitioned across to the new Payroll and have encountered 2 issues:

1) 2 active employees are not appearing in the "Calculate pays" section of MYOB.  I have re0-checked all the settings to ensure consistency and accuracy but no luck

2) 2 different employees have the following error message: XXX has the wage pay item Personal Leave Pay linked to more than one leave accrual. Only one leave accrual can be chosen

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciuated as massive wait times on the Customer service line 

• Hi SBBunya,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The most common cause for an employee to not appear in a pay run is if there is a termination date entered into their card. Please check those employee cards (Payroll details > Employment Details) to see if this is the cause.

If there is no termination date, please check the 'Pay cycle' under Payroll details > Salary and wages to see if the pay cycle selected here is the pay cycle selected when starting your pay run.

In regards to the error message, this error will occur when One or more Wage pay items are linked to multiple leave pay items. For example, the “Leave” pay item is linked to both the leave items “Annual leave” and “Extra leave”, so when leave is taken it wouldn't know which leave the item to take the accrued hours from. 

I suggest you go through your Leave pay items (sick leave, annual leave, etc.) and make sure you remove any wage pay items that are linked to multiple Leave items.

Let me know how you go and if I can assist you any further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi SBBunya,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The most common cause for an employee to not appear in a pay run is if there is a termination date entered into their card. Please check those employee cards (Payroll details > Employment Details) to see if this is the cause.

If there is no termination date, please check the 'Pay cycle' under Payroll details > Salary and wages to see if the pay cycle selected here is the pay cycle selected when starting your pay run.

In regards to the error message, this error will occur when One or more Wage pay items are linked to multiple leave pay items. For example, the “Leave” pay item is linked to both the leave items “Annual leave” and “Extra leave”, so when leave is taken it wouldn't know which leave the item to take the accrued hours from. 

I suggest you go through your Leave pay items (sick leave, annual leave, etc.) and make sure you remove any wage pay items that are linked to multiple Leave items.

Let me know how you go and if I can assist you any further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

SBBunya
      Experienced User

Many thanks Sam - I appreciate your assistance