Forum Discussion

Weegs
User
3 months ago
Solved

Network Request Failed....Couldn't export this report..... MYOB is clearly buckling under the strain

Over the past couple of weeks, mainly in the late afternoon, I've been getting Network Request Failed messages when trying to process a pay run. At first I scanned the forums and it seems quite a few people have had the same error and the standard response seems to be clear your cache, try whatever you were doing again or try a different browser.

Well I can tell you that the remedy is none of these. It's wait....until the servers that host MYOB can process your request. Last week, I tried submitting the payroll the next morning and it worked straight away. This week it happened again but I just waited for a few minutes and suddenly it worked. No new browser, no clearing cache, no re-doing the pay run. Just wait....

I believe MYOB use Amazon data centres to host their software and clearly they haven't purchased enough data throughput or processing capacity for the number of clients they have using their software.

Come on MYOB, stop skimping on your hosting fees and increase your capacity. This is getting extremely frustrating.

Weegs
    3 months ago

Hi Shella,

Thanks for your reply. This week payroll has worked normally. I've been using MYOB for 10 years now and am pretty confident everything is set correctly.  Nothing changed at my end. 

It seems to be an intermittent problem which I believe is caused by MYOBs lack of processing power or network bandwidth in relation to the number of customers using their online version.

They obviously try to save money by paying as little as possible to their hosting partner for as much resources they can get. It seems they are testing the limits of their capacity at certain times of the day / week. 

I do my pay run weekly on a Wednesday and the problem only seems to occur late in the afternoon. If I do it midday or Thursday morning, it doesn't happen.

I mainly posted this message in the hope MYOB would see the impact their stinginess is having and to let other people who are affected know it's not anything they are doing wrong. 

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Weegs,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

My apologies for the delay in response. I'm sorry to hear that you're having errors when processing a pay run. I appreciate your patience during this time. Allow me to assist you with this. Can you please open the contact for the employee you are trying to pay and go to Payroll Details > Salary and Wages > Check if the Pay Cycle is set to Fortnightly or Weekly in the drop-down?

If it is set up correctly, could you reply with a screenshot of the error message? (You can use the Microsoft snipping tool to create screenshots and remove sensitive information, then click on Photos to upload.) Please note to hide any important details on the screenshot before posting it here in the forum.

We're looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Weegs,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up on whether you still require assistance when exporting the report, as we’re not able to receive any response. If you still encounter any further issues, please feel free to reply, as we're always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

Weegs
        User

Hi Shella,

Thanks for your reply. This week payroll has worked normally. I've been using MYOB for 10 years now and am pretty confident everything is set correctly.  Nothing changed at my end. 

It seems to be an intermittent problem which I believe is caused by MYOBs lack of processing power or network bandwidth in relation to the number of customers using their online version.

They obviously try to save money by paying as little as possible to their hosting partner for as much resources they can get. It seems they are testing the limits of their capacity at certain times of the day / week. 

I do my pay run weekly on a Wednesday and the problem only seems to occur late in the afternoon. If I do it midday or Thursday morning, it doesn't happen.

I mainly posted this message in the hope MYOB would see the impact their stinginess is having and to let other people who are affected know it's not anything they are doing wrong.