Forum Discussion

User
15 days ago

Overriding final pay amount

On advice from our accountant I am wanting to amend our 3x directors to not accumulate annual leave. They advised to make their allowances zero. I can not change this without deleting the employee and creating a new employee.  I have to process their final pay in order to do this but obviously this wont be paid out. How can I override a final pay amount to zero?

3 Replies

MikeG1
    MYOB Moderator

Based on my understanding of your question, you would like to adjust the annual leave balance to zero and prevent the accumulation of annual leave going forward.

Please refer to the following instructions for making the annual leave balance adjustment:

Adjust the annual leave balance

http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/06xqAg

You can adjust an employee's leave balance by recording a zero-dollar pay with a leave adjustment value. The employee won't be paid anything, but their leave balance will be corrected. You can also add a note to the pay so the resulting pay slip will clearly show the adjustment you've made. It also provides a record and audit trail of what happened and how you fixed it.

• Go to the Payroll menu and choose Create pay run.
    • For the Pay cycle, choose Unscheduled. This ensures the pay will contain zero hours and amounts.
    • For the pay dates, choose today's date and click Next.
    • Select the employee whose leave needs adjusting.
    • Click the employee to expand their pay.
    • In the Pay slip message field, enter a note about what you're doing, like "Leave balance reduced by 5 hours".
    • For the relevant leave accrual, enter the adjustment in the Hours column. For example, if you need to reduce the annual leave balance by 5 hours, enter -5.00 next to Annual Leave Accrual
    • Continue processing the pay as normal. 

To stop the accumulation of annual leave for an employee, go to the "Leave pay item" and deselect the employee.

Alternatively, go to the employee card > Payroll details > Leave and remove the annual leave.

I hope this helps. 

Posted on behalf of Shanika (MYOB Staff)

• Hi,

I am unable to select an unscheduled payrun - would this be available in the NZ version of MYOB Business Payroll Only? I also can not access any pay items to be edited.

Mitch_C
      MYOB Staff

Hi 460434 ,

Sorry about the confusion. For NZ Business files, you can adjust the leave entitlement and balance in the employee leave profile. Please check Adjust an employee's leave balance.

If you want to create a new employee profile with the correct leave entitlements, you can enter a termination date in the existing employee profile without processing a final pay.

If you want to use the same employee profile, you can select "Include in each pay" option in Holiday pay entitlement as this will set Annual holidays as "No entitlement", and adjust the holiday pay percentage and/or annual holiday balance as advised by your financial advisor or MBIE.

Cheers,

Mitch