Forum Discussion

PhilB1
User
5 months ago

Payroll changing payment frequencies for employees

We are a start up where 2 employees worked for their first 6 months, from July 2023 without payment while they were creating the business revenues to be able to pay them. That 6 months pay was then paid in early January. At the same time they were moved onto fortnightly salaries.

We have just purchased the payroll product and want to enter them into the system accurately and so that STP reports these deails correctly to the ATO. My question is, how do I enter them into the system showing these two different, and changed payment frequencies?

The system only appears to offer one payment frequency option. I could load them in for the first 6 months and then terminate them and inoput again with a fortnightly pay frequency but I am hoping there is a way I can avoid doing this

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PhilB1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

My apologies for the late reply. I understand you're trying to accurately record the payment frequencies for your employees in the MYOB payroll system. I appreciate your patience and for reaching out about this. Allow me to assist you with this. You may change the payment frequencies for the same employee within the system. It can only be weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. You just have to change the pay cycle for the employees you want to pay during the pay period. You can update an employee's pay cycle in their record (Payroll > Employees > Click the employee Payroll details tab > Salary and wages tab > Pay cycle). Please note that we can only allow one pay frequency per pay period or pay run.

I would also recommend checking out this helpful article on processing your payroll for more detailed information and instructions about the process.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella