Forum Discussion

aaaaa1
Contributing User
10 months ago

Payroll not saving

Hi, 

The last few days we have been trying to process payroll but when we hit 'save and close' and go to revisit it later, the payrun has disappeared. This has happened two times and is frustrating as we have 200 employees to pay. Is there any known issues of payruns not saving in Essentials Business Pro? 

Look forward to hearing from someone. 

Thanks, 

Matt.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi aaaaa1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we apologize that you are having difficulty saving the pay run. I understand your frustration, and this is not an experience we want to provide our customers with. We strive hard to provide a seamless experience for our clients. 

Generally, when you save a pay run it should allow you to resume the pay run later if needed to. As this is not working for you, can you please clear your browser cache, and attempt to save a new pay run. Does it work? If it doesn't work, can you please try via a different browser?  

Do let me know if you have any further trouble with that.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

lingab
      Experienced Cover User

We have been having issues with the brower/online version of myob being extremely slow to process payroll as it calculates each line separately as you enter details into each employee

It is that slow that we have had to revert to using the desktop version of AccountRight to process the payroll as it is much quicker and we have between 85 and 100 employees to pay

This morning, we have entered a number of employees and then exited payroll entry

When we go back in to restart entering we get the following message:

A pay run was saved with the following details:

Payment date: 1/01/0001

Pay period: 1/01/0001 - 1/01-0001

The dates are incorrect and we are unable to continue entering the pay run in the desktop version of myob

However, we can see the pay run in the browser/online version

Any suggestions???

Or is there an issue because we have both versions of myob operating?

aaaaa1
        Contributing User

Hi lingab,

I get the same issue when using both to process a payrun. 

We use the online version and just set aside a whole day to work through it, due to it being slow. Over 200 employees to pay! Frustrating when it doesn't work, which is every other week. 

I don't recommend saving the payrun and going back into it later - I think that is where the issue arises between the desktop and online version. Try doing a chuck of 50 and submitting, then the rest and submitting in one go.