Forum Discussion

Fifitz68
Experienced User
14 days ago

Payrun Correct but Employee Underpaid

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me, my boss does the payroll. He has done the pay run last week, but then short paid an employee. So the bank feed does not match the pay run.

How do I fix this? We are on STP phase 2.

Thanks

Fifitz

• Hi there Fifitz68,

The easiest fix for being short paid would be to reverse and then reprocess the pay run. Just make sure to check the payroll while processing so that the correct amount shows up. Also to have the payroll transaction match the bank feed transaction.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Fifitz68,

The easiest fix for being short paid would be to reverse and then reprocess the pay run. Just make sure to check the payroll while processing so that the correct amount shows up. Also to have the payroll transaction match the bank feed transaction.

Best regards,

Doreen

Fifitz68
      Experienced User

Thanks Doreen,

I will reverse and redo and yes will make sure everything matches.

Cheers

Fifitz

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Fifitz68,

Sure thing! Feel free to post again if you encounter any issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey Fifitz68,

Sure, let's get everything back on track with the short-paid employee. Make sure to check first the payroll reports, such as the payroll register, payroll activity, and YTD verification report, to see if they have the correct figures or not. If not, you need to correct the pay run to reflect the actual amount paid to the employee. This can be done by creating an adjustment pay run for the short-paid amount. Ensure that the payment date matches the date when the short payment was made. You can check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Fifitz68
    Experienced User

Thanks for responding Doreen,

The employee in question is actually the boss. (funny, yes it is)

The net take home is $1,706 but this week he paid himself $1,076 - difference of $630

Do I tell him to pay himself the shortfall of $630 and if he does that how do I reconcile the amounts in the bank feed?

OR

Do I reverse the pay and do it again to reflect the actual paid amount of $1,076

Just want the easiest fix, he is fine being short paid.