Forum Discussion

2 years ago

STP reporting doesn't match ATO record (or maybe it does??)

Hi,

As a newbie on MYOB (since 1 July 2023)  I'm not finding the STP reporting process very intuitive.

I've completed 3 monthly pay runs for Jul-Aug-Sep fine, but only the Sep one is showing as correctly reported for STP. 

I also have 3 $0 pay runs showing that say 'update event' when I look at event type. (I don't recall double clicking any submission, so these $0 events are a mystery)

All 4 submssions show the correct YTD figures up to the month of the event, which seems ok.

But when I look on ATO online svcs, I can see the same correct Sep pay event, and the same 3 $0 update events, but no more.

1. Can I be confident that given ATO can see the same 4 STP events, they also can see the full YTD data, and I don;t need to do anything?

2. Can someone explain the $0 updates? Have I just double-clicked an extra STP report by accident?

Thanks in advance! 

• Hi Paul98,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum!  I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To answer your question:

1. You should review the Payroll Register Report, the Payroll Activity Report, and the Year-to-Date Verification Report under EOFY finalization. If these reports match, it indicates that the correct figures are being reported to the ATO.

2. If the payment date on the payrun is from a previous date, the system will automatically recognize it as an update event, resulting in a $0 pay on the STP reporting. Rest assured that these $0 entries do not impact your year-to-date total

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Paul98,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum!  I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To answer your question:

1. You should review the Payroll Register Report, the Payroll Activity Report, and the Year-to-Date Verification Report under EOFY finalization. If these reports match, it indicates that the correct figures are being reported to the ATO.

2. If the payment date on the payrun is from a previous date, the system will automatically recognize it as an update event, resulting in a $0 pay on the STP reporting. Rest assured that these $0 entries do not impact your year-to-date total

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

• Many thanks Earl,

Comprehensive answer and all the reports match so it's looking good!

Leneth_A
        MYOB Staff

Hi Paul98

You're most welcome. Thank you for the update on this. We are grateful that one of our moderators Earl_HD was able to provide you with a resolution to your concern. We thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter. We will be closing the thread now. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth