Forum Discussion

Cazza419
Contributing User
5 days ago

Tax table not updating 1/7/2024

Can someone please help! I have a tax table revision date of 13/10/2020

My tax table for this year has not updated but my superannuation rate automatically changed.

I have been trawling for information on how to fix this with no luck.I have already done two pay runs for this financial year and need it fixed ASAP! I have emailed the MYOB help twice and have not had a reply.

8 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Cazza419,

I see you're having a bit of a hiccup with your tax table not updating. No worries, I've got your back! I've just run a fix script on your file, which should help sort things out. If you're still seeing the same old tax table, just give us a shout. We're here to help you get this sorted!

Cheers,

Princess

Cazza419
    Contributing User

Hi there,

Thank you for helping ,I've just had a look at my tax table revision date and it has updated.

Much appreciated.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cazza419,

That's fantastic news! I'm glad to hear that your tax table revision date has been updated. If you need any more help in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

bradm30
    Contributing Cover User

I have the exact same problem. Initially my tax tables displayed as 13/10/2020. I have spoken at length with support to have it fixed but it is only partially fixed. My Tax Tables now display as 1/7/24 but the tax calculation is still incorrect.

If I do a pay run with a gross figure of $743,  I get a net pay of $663. When I check these figures with the ATO calculator online the net figure is $675. I have tried contacting support but no one comes back to me. Not sure how to fix this if I can’t get a reply from back MYOB support.

Cazza419
      Contributing User

Hey Brad ,

I thought that it was fixed as well as my new display is 1/7 /2024 but the tax hasn't changed either,

so frustrating ,I haven't received a reply ,my accountant has no idea how to help!

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi bradm30,

I totally get your concern about the tax calculations being off. Normally, the tax table should update itself after you've done your first pay run. As long as the payment date in the pay run is 1 July 2024 or later, the latest tax tables should kick in - so you don't have to worry about a thing. If the numbers still don't seem right after you've sent the pay run to the ATO, don't hesitate to let us know so we can look into it further.

Cheers,

Princess

bradm30
        Contributing Cover User

Hi Princess, 

After contacting MYOB support they did something at the back end to fix the Tax Table Revision date in my payroll settings so it displays 1/7/24 (it was previously showing 13/10/2020). As i stated previously, i have finalised the previous payroll FY end June 2024. I have also now done 2 pay runs dated on or after 1/7/24 and the system is still taxing at the exact same rate as it was in June '24. So for me the new Tax Tables have not kicked in. I suspect MYOB still need to do something else at the back end to my data file to fix this problem for me. I have had a ticket going since 4/7/24 and all it says "in progress". So i am none the wiser as to when they will solve this for me. Its very frustrating to say the least.

bradm30
    Contributing Cover User

Are you able to unmark this chat as "solved" so someone in the community or from MYOB can help us?