Forum Discussion

JS2023
User
12 months ago

Workers Compensation excess

Hi There,  We have an employee who is on workers compensation. There is an excess from Work Cover QLD that we need to pay to the employee which equals their one week ordinary pay.
WorkCover will be paying the employee directly for the remaining time off work, so there will be no reimbursements from Work Cover to us.
How do I enter this into the weekly payroll? I assume I set up a payroll category for Workcover Excess and code it workers compensation?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JS2023 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, the worker's compensation rules and obligations may vary from state to state, I would recommend to check with your relevant authority for clarification. Also, check with your Accounting Advisor regarding the potential implications of worker's compensation on tax, superannuation or leave obligations. You can check on this link Payments and leave while on workers compensation this contains more information and can serve as your reference.

Please feel free to post again if you need assistance in the future. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,

Cel