Forum Discussion

pk2
User
2 years ago

Workers compensation payments

I have just set up Workers Compensation payments in our payroll but when I run a pay it does not accrue annual leave which I was told it should do. How do I fix this?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi pk2 

Thanks for your post.

If the Workers' Compensation is not accruing Annual Leave Accrual, we will need to check how those two payroll categories were set up as well as the pay basis of your employee. If the pay basis of your employee is hourly then the calculation basis of the Annual Leave Accrual should be Equals [x] Percent of. On the other hand, if the employee is paid a salary then the calculation basis of Annual Leave Accrual should be Equals [x] Hours per. For further information about this, kindly check The Help Article Leave and entitlements.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

pk2
      User

Hi Doreen,

My employee is paid hourly but the workers compensation payment is made in a lump sum not stating hours. He has some capacity for work so I have to process the base hourly as well as enter the payment that comes straight from workers compensation.

When I set up an entitlement category for workers compensation leave payments in entitlements and then tried to put in the pay in workers compensation wages category, I got a message saying that the leave will go into negative although I did not use the leave category. Also, I need to accrue leave but not sick leave on the workers compensation payments.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi pk2 

Thanks for your response.

Kindly provide a screenshot of the wages category and entitlement category so I can look into them further. Make sure to remove sensitive information before posting in the Forum. Also, please check if the wages category is exempted from accruing leave. To do this, go to Payroll > Payroll categories > Wages tab > Click the wages category > Click Exempt. Check if the Annual Leave Accrual is ticked. If yes, kindly untick it. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen