Forum Discussion

Justin-Ryan
Contributing Cover User
10 months ago

Paying employee worker compensation in the previous week

Hi there,

I have an employee whose worker compesation has just been approved. I need to pay him the previous week (18th-24th Sept) under payroll category : Worker Compensation.

I have two questions:

1. For the pay period 18/09-24/09, this employee was paid two annual leave, but he was supposed to be paid as worker compensation. How do I retify it? 

2. For the pay period 18/09 - 24/09, this employee was not paid worker compensation eligible the whole week, I need to pay him back in this current week. Should I select the period 18/9-24/09, payment date 25/09/2023 in the past as shown in the picture to retify this issue? 

Thank you very much.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Justin-Ryan,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late response. The worker's compensation rules and obligations may vary from state to state, so it's best to check with your relevant authority for clarification. Also check with your accounting advisor regarding the potential implications of workers' compensation on tax, superannuation or leave obligations. The Fairwork website is a good place to start.

The tasks below describe one way of catering for workers' compensation payments, using the following generic example:

• The employer pays the employee whilst they can't work
    • The employer claims the payments from their insurer, and
    • The insurer reimburses the employer.

This help article will give you more information about: Paying workers' compensation

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl