Forum Discussion

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

STP - terminating an employee but still obligated to pay worker's compensation

Good afternoon

Could anyone please advise on the correct procedure in notifying the ATO of an employee termination date, when the business is still obligated to pay worker's compensation (and so withold and pay tax) for a few weeks after the termination date?

If I advise the ATO of the termination date through the Payroll Reporting section as I am supposed to do - will I still be able to report the Worker's Compensation payments as normal?

Thank you

• Hi sal2107 

Thanks for your post. I'd recommend checking with the ATO on which date you should be reporting, the date they finished employment or the date worker's comp finished. From a software perspective you can enter the termination date in the Payroll reporting centre once all payments have been made.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi sal2107 

Thanks for your post. I'd recommend checking with the ATO on which date you should be reporting, the date they finished employment or the date worker's comp finished. From a software perspective you can enter the termination date in the Payroll reporting centre once all payments have been made.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

sal2107
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for your help Tracey :)