Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Wrong employee name on payslip

OK.  I've just created a new employee and when I printed his payslip it had the other employees name in the description only, but the rest of the payslip is right.  How do I fix this?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Coastcomms 

Thanks for your post, and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the name of another employee shows up on the pay slip of the new employee is because a payroll category linked to the other employee is also linked to the new employee. Also, kindly check if the name for the pay slip of the payroll category has the name of the other employee. To check it, go to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Select the appropriate tab > Click the name payroll category name and check the name for the pay slip. As this were the concern is coming. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WanitaPME,

Thank you for your post.

We really appreciate your effort in providing us with the pay slip screenshot. Based on it, the employee’s name was being added instead of the payroll category name at the pay slip description. To change this one, go to Payroll> Payroll Categories> Superannuation> find the name of your employee appearing on the pay slip and change it to the right super fund name> Save or click OK. This will remove the name of your staff from the pay slip and will change to correct super fund name. We also suggest you run the pay slip to check it after. 

You may have a look at this help article payroll categories that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
        Shella