Forum Discussion

CarynW
User
10 months ago

MYOB Pro - "Error message Account Level is more than maximum levels allowed"

Hi, I am trying to amend an Account Name of a Detailed Account and I am getting the error message:

"Account Level is more than maximum levels allowed"  I am trying to delete - "Cleaning Supplies /"

I can edit other Detailed Accounts without any problem

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CarynW,

Thank you for your post, and a warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to learn that you're encountering difficulties when attempting to make changes to an account. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated, and I apologize for the delay in our response.

There could be several reasons why you can't delete or edit the account. You can typically delete an account if it meets the following criteria:

• It has never been used in a transaction.
    • It has no journal entries associated with it.
    • It has a zero balance.
    • It is not a linked account.
    • It is not linked to a pay item.
    • It is not linked to a tax/GST code (refer to Tax codes for Australia or GST codes for New Zealand).

If your account does not meet these conditions, you may not be able to delete it. In such cases, you can consider deactivating the account instead. Please see help article for more information about: Adding, editing and deleting accounts

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

EFB
      User

Hi,

I am having this same issue when trying to rename an account.  Can you please give a solution to this problem?  

Thank you 

Jay

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi EFB,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. How do you go about the solution provided above? If your account does not satisfy these requirements, you might encounter some limitations when attempting to delete it. In such situations, you have the option to explore deactivating the account instead. For further details on adding, editing, or deleting accounts, please refer to the help article: Adding, editing and deleting accounts

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
      Regards,
      Earl

EFB
        User

HI Earl

I managed to work this out.  The client had set the account as a level 5.  I seleted the accounts in question, reduced them to level 4, then was able to edit the names.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi EFB,

Thank you for informing us that your issue has been successfully resolved and for sharing the workaround you used to fix the problem. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any more questions, and one of our team members will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl