Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Can't create an item and get the Error "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit."

I'm trying to create a new item in Essentials, and I keep getting the error "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit." but no indication which field has to many characters.

Major fields have the current character count
Name 73
Description 97
Item ID 17

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Further to this, I'm trying to add the item via the "Create Item" sub screen on the New Invoice Screen.

Leneth_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi TimothyUGB

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We appreciate your effort in reaching out to us and for providing the character count that you added to the fields. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are truly thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. 

Regarding your inquiry, I can see that there are 73 character counts on the item name. Currently, MYOB Business does not allow you to increase the item name character limit, however, you could use the description to put a longer name. The description field allows you to have up to 255 characters. 

Additionally, if you would like a change to be brought to this preference, we encourage you to show your support for this function by posting on our Product ideas exchange board. We will make sure to relay your request to the team. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
      Leneth