Forum Discussion

KathK
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Can't link a document to a recurring bill transaction

Hi

I can't seemt to link a document to a recurring bill.  If I pre-create a bill and click 'Link a source document' it comes up with an error 'Network request failed'.  I know it's not my internet connection because if I create a bill manually then link a document, it works.

I also tried going into the 'In Tray' and link the document from there to a pre-existing recurring bill.  It tells me the document has been linked successfully but when you go into it, there's no document attached and the document still exists in the In Tray.

How do I link documents to recurring bills?

• Hello KathK 

The above-mentioned is the only workaround at this point in time for the error mentioned.

The cause of this is under investigation so that it can have a permanent resolution.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello KathK 

Thank you for your post.

If you are getting the error message "Network request failed" when trying to link a document to a bill. 

You will need to delete the bill, and then create a new bill using the InTray document by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) button at the end of the document line and choose to Create bill.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

KathK
      Experienced User

Hi Chris

Yes I tried that, creating a manual bill then attaching a document to it, and it works.  But it defeats the purpose of having a recurring bill already set up every month and then just linking a document to it.

Can this recurring bill be fixed and set up so that we can just link a document to it every month?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello KathK 

The above-mentioned is the only workaround at this point in time for the error mentioned.

The cause of this is under investigation so that it can have a permanent resolution.