Forum Discussion

KHearty
Contributing User
2 years ago

Client address change - Error

Hey, a client has recently changed address and I am trying to update their contact details, however I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". I have had a play around with how the new address is typed and tried reducing the fields however I am having no luck.

Is any one able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I'm having the same issue.  No obvious field with too many characters.

KHearty wrote:

Hey, a client has recently changed address and I am trying to update their contact details, however I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". I have had a play around with how the new address is typed and tried reducing the fields however I am having no luck.

Is any one able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

KHearty
      Contributing User

DianneMc .....Did you ever manage to solve the problem of how to amend an address in MYOB? Thanks, Kat

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KHearty 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Generally, this error is related to the number of characters in the Notes field and impacts saving the changes to the other fields in the client's card if characters exceed the maximum limit.

May I know where exactly you are trying to change the address?  Can you please provide more details on how you changed the address details?

Looking forward to your response to be able to help you with your concern. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

• Hello KHearty and DianneMc 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Can you please let me know if you are changing any other fields on the client's card as the error is "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit" it could be referring to another field. 

MYOB Business currently only supports 250 characters in the notes field. 
    The current workaround is to copy the employee notes onto a separate document, such as a Word document or Notepad file. This allows you to keep a record of these notes outside of the file.

Once copied, the notes can be removed or edited to be below 250 characters.

The error message should also direct you to which field is causing this error to pop up. 

KHearty
      Contributing User

Hey Chris, thanks for your reply. 

No, the only fields we are trying to change are address fields and we have tried numerous ways to enter the new address to ensure we are not using too many characters. We are not sure how to proceed. Is it that any clients moving home will need to have their account deleted and a new account set up? 

Thanks, Kat

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello KHearty 

Can you please attempt using another web browser and also confirm the last 4 digits of the serial number. 

Can you please let me know how many characters you are typing in for the address and I'll be able to investigate this further for you.