Forum Discussion

GlennL
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Error 0: Unexpected import error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ???????

Hiya

Getting the above error when importing sales invoices into MYOB. Pulling my hair out. Could anyone suggest what could be the problem? Using Automatch to match up the columns, as far as I can tell its all matched up. Using Card ID as the customer identifier.

Files attached

Thanks

Glenn

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GlennL
    Contributing Cover User

Just a update. I've discovered if I import as "Services" sales, it will work, but get that error message if I import as "Items" sales. I beleive the clients wants to import as Items sales. So whats missing from the import file to make it a Items invoice?

Glenn

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi GlennL

Thank you for your post. I've had a look at the import file you attached and looks like it's missing the fields that are necessary for an Item Invoice. The mandatory fields are Item Number and Record ID or Co./Last Name.

It looks like the template used is for importing Service Sales, which is why you were able to import it as a service type and not an item type sale.

For the correct template, I recommend creating an import template by exporting item sales so you have the correct fields when importing. Here is more information on the fields for each import: Import and export fields.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.