Forum Discussion

xranton
Contributing User
2 years ago

Error 0: Unexpected import error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hello,

I received the above error message and my files were skipped.

I tried to import a new sale from a third party software (Shiftcare), chose service sale (as it is services relating to the NDIS), i matched the items correctly (to the best of my knowledge). I don't know what could be wrong. I have attached the error report log screenshot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi xranton 

If there are items used in the transaction, then it would most likely need be an item sale instead of a service sale. 

I'd suggest manually record this transaction in AccountRight first - take a note on whether service or items layout was used - then export this one transaction from AccountRight. Open the exported file and your import file in Excel to compare the format as well as the data, you can also use the exported file as a template, just fill in the actual data.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, if you are stuck, please provide a sample import file and its import error log, we are happy to assist further.

xranton
      Contributing User

Hi CloverQ,

I replied yesterday but i cannot see my post.

Anyway, it is a service sale and not a physical item/object, so i have to use the service sale. Shiftcare directions also mention to choose service sales.

Any suggestions please?

Kind regards, 

Christos

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi xranton 

Thank you for the update. 

It's very helpful to know that service layout is the one to use for this sales transaction. Then as explained in my initial reply, record this transaction in AccountRight manually, export it so you can compare the exported file with your import file using Excel to spot the difference. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.