Forum Discussion

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

How to correct an invoice entered twice and paid it twice via electronic payment.

I entered a supplier invoice twice and paid it twice in seperate electronic transactions. The supplier has now allocated part of the second payment to an open invoice and we are now in credit with them. How do I correct this my end?

MYOB never alerted me that the invoice number had already been entered either, any solution to this? 

• Hi TSGTanya

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention on this forum. Apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that you're dealing with a double payment issue. From what I gather, if you have an existing credit with your supplier, you can process a credit note refund to offset the mentioned bill. If your records do not indicate a credit note at this time, you can initiate one by reversing a purchase before proceeding with the refund.

I would suggest going through these articles, 'Settling Supplier Debits' and 'Supplier Returns, Debits, and Refunds'. These resources will guide you through the process step by step..

Let us know if you require further help. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TSGTanya

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention on this forum. Apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that you're dealing with a double payment issue. From what I gather, if you have an existing credit with your supplier, you can process a credit note refund to offset the mentioned bill. If your records do not indicate a credit note at this time, you can initiate one by reversing a purchase before proceeding with the refund.

I would suggest going through these articles, 'Settling Supplier Debits' and 'Supplier Returns, Debits, and Refunds'. These resources will guide you through the process step by step..

Let us know if you require further help. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

TSGTanya
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you. 

Working my around the new myob browser setup.

Sorted with your help, thanks again. 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TSGTanya

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the update. 

I'm glad I was able to help. 

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve