Forum Discussion

AdamKotek
Contributing Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

How to create a debtors credit note and make payment refund to customer

Hi,

I have a customer whose account is no longer active and I need to do a refund to them for an overpayment.

I tried to do a credit note but it will not let me do a payment against a credit note.

Please advise how I should do this?
  • Hi AdamKotek

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand there are instances when we need to create a refund for a customer. In my understanding, if the customer overpaid and you recorded it exactly how they paid it, this would result in a Customer Return entry (credit note). You could refund this by accessing the Sales > Customer returns window. 

I would recommend reading through this article, Customer Returns, Credits, and Refunds. This article has multiple hyperlinks for all the parts of the process.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AdamKotek

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand there are instances when we need to create a refund for a customer. In my understanding, if the customer overpaid and you recorded it exactly how they paid it, this would result in a Customer Return entry (credit note). You could refund this by accessing the Sales > Customer returns window. 

I would recommend reading through this article, Customer Returns, Credits, and Refunds. This article has multiple hyperlinks for all the parts of the process.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve