Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Interest on overdue invoices

Hi, I have a customer who has overdue invoices from a year ago and as much as I have tried to work with them, their drip feed payments have started to dry up. I need to know how to add interest charges to overdue invoices. Hopefully this will encourage payment or some sort of communication. Thanks in advance.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BeastProduction,

Currently, we don't have a feature for invoices to reflect interest charges when they become overdue. However, you could look at setting up finance charges for your customers, which are amounts added to an outstanding balance as a penalty for overdue payment. These charges are usually added to the customer statement.

To set this up, you would need to configure the terms on the invoice. Once this is set up, the system will automatically calculate the charges. For detailed instructions on how to set this up within AccountRight, you can refer to our help article: Finance charges paid by customers.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl,

I really appreciate your reply.

I have tried following the instructions you provided but I'm not sure I am in the right place. You mentioned setting up within AccountRight; I don't think I have this, according to my subscription I have MYOB Business Pro.

Is there another way to do this?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Geeta @ Beast.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BeastProduction,

As of now, the financial charge mentioned by  is only available on the desktop version, this won't be accessible with your current subscription. With this in mind, there is no option to natively account for interest charges for your invoices. A workaround would be creating a finance charge line item in the overdue invoice which will be manually calculated and added to the invoice each month. I believe it's best to keep this open as other users might have another workaround they can share on this post. 

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
        Genreve