Forum Discussion

HummEng
Experienced User
8 months ago

Post Upgrade I can't email bulk customer statements

Since the Essentials upgrade recently I am frustrated with many things but this one is truely ridiculous, has anyone tried to email customer statements to multiple customers at end of month?  I get a silly message like below... then have to unselect all and only choose as many as it can supposidly handle to email in one go???

61 customers selected (PDF's cannot be downloaded with 30 or more customers selected)

Time consuming, would love a fix for this.

6 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HummEng,

Thank you for your post. 

To help customers keep track of their accounts and the amount they owe you, statements are usually provided regularly, such as monthly. Statements are an overview of a customer's invoices and payments. It can only, however, let the user send an email to 20 costumers at a time. 

If you still need assistance with this, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Moderators will attend to it. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

HummEng
      Experienced User

Hi Cel, thanks for your reply and clarifying what a customer statememt is for, I am very aware of how to use customer statements and when they should be sent out, my issue is that the old MYOB Essentials had no problem sending bulk emailed statements to customers, however the 'upgraded' version of this software can only email statements 20 per time!  What about business who have 100+ customers to issue statements to each month, the time consumed in selecting 20 then remembering where you left off and selecting the next 20 seems silly for an 'upgraded' version of MYOB.  Is this likely to be fixed?

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi HummEng,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. 

I humbly ask for your understanding, and I apologize for my initial response. I understand that bulk emailing is a good feature as it saves time, and it is important for businesses. However, the new MYOB New Essentials cannot bulk email from the contact list as you can in your old MYOB Business. We apologize for any inconvenience with the upgrade. We encourage you to take time to post on our Idea Exchange boards to suggestions, discuss and vote on what you would like to see in MYOB Products. Rest assured that we are doing our best to improve and provide excellent service for our valued customers.  

If you need further assistance or if you have questions and concerns, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum Moderators are happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

HummEng
        Experienced User

Hi Cel, I'm sorry buy it is ridiculous to expect med sized business to only email customer statements 20 per time, what world does that work in?  I am seriously looking at another accounting software switch after this MYOB upgrade.