Forum Discussion

firstresponse
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago

supplier name in item

We are adding a new item to the inventory list. We choose the supplier from the drop down list.

We save and when we go back into the item the supplier is not there??? frustrating.

11 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear about having difficulty in adding a supplier name to an item. You can set up suppliers and items at any time before you begin entering a bill (using the Contact menu or the item's link in the purchases menu) or while creating it (using the + Create supplier and + create items list options). We have a Help Article: Enter a bill, quote, or order and Adding a supplier that has detailed information that you can use as a guide. Also, after doing the process, if the suppliers' names still do not appear, we recommend doing the basic troubleshooting like clearing the cache, clearing them fixes certain problems and helps your device run optimally.  

If still need further assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

firstresponse
      Trusted Cover User

Celia_B 

That might work with new customer and items.

We have 100's of items already set up from a previous version.

Have duplicated the ones we need to use and having this issue now.

What a waste of the extra charge for using Inventory.

Kind Regards

firstresponse

firstresponse
      Trusted Cover User

Celia_B  Tried your recommendation.

Raised a new PO . Created a new item. Saved. Went back into item and supplier not there?

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. To better assist you with this, could you please send me a screenshot of when you add an item to the inventory list with the supplier and the page where you cannot see the supplier? This is to help us check on the issue to further assist you with this.  
        Kind Regards, 

Cel

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

I hope your doing well today and my apologies for the late response. I would like to check if your still having this issue? If so, I've sent you a private message to gather more information that will help us on resolving this issue. Kindly check your inbox.

Looking forward to your response.
    Regards,
    Earl